ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant-myrmidon/container/src/java/org/apache/myrmidon/interfaces/executor ExecutionFrame.java
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 03:37:32 GMT
On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:09, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:21, donaldp@apache.org wrote:
> > donaldp     02/04/23 00:21:05
> >
> >   Modified:    container/src/java/org/apache/myrmidon/interfaces/executor
> >                         ExecutionFrame.java
> >   Log:
> >   Expose TaskEventManager via frame so that event listening and
> > generation can be scoped.
>
> Why isn't TaskEventManager just another service?  Why does it need its own
> method?  What's special about the event manager compared to, say, the type
> manager or configurer?

It is similar to the PropertyStore, TypeManager and ServiceManager but
different to the configurer. It makes sense to have parent-child
relationships with the above and when you create a new "partition" you
generally want modifications to be isolated from parent version.

ie If you add aproperty in a project, register a new task or type in one
project these changes should not be visible in the workspace "scope" nor be
visible to any other projects in the workspace.

The configurer is not expected to be scoped or partitioned and thus gets
chucked into the ServiceManager. Note that the other services should be
automatically also put in the ServiceManager but I haven't got around to that
bit just yet.

BTW it looks like you have locked the container/**/configurer/test directory
via one of your cvs clients dieing during a commit. If you could log onto cvs
box, kill the old process (started about 4 yesterday) and remove the lockfile
(named something like .#lock.1234) in the physical directory then that would
be great.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald