ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <>
Subject Re: optional tasks web page for ANT 2 ? or before ?
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:26:25 GMT
On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:49, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> [...]

It was a hack - not some elegant design that is easy to support in the future,
portable to future problems and so forth. We already have to live with plenty
of ugly constructs because someone added in hacks to solve their immediate
problem (if/unless on targets anyone?). If you wanted to do it properly and
make sure it is both extensible and easy to support then I would be all for
it - hell I would help you do it. Thats not how it was proposed though.

Besides - given the recent ProjectHelper refactorings you can now add any
arbitrary configuration system for tasks. Theres a few limitations;
configurer must be in same classloader as ant and proprty must be set (or is
it read out of a services file????). If you really want it implement it like
that and see how it works. That would be one way to validate your new
configurer mods.

Peter Donald

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>