ant-dev mailing list archives

From Darrell DeBoer <darr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] Project/Target as Tasks
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 01:23:42 GMT
On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:00, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:02, Peter Donald wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > scratch this. It is probably best to keep the Project/Task model around
> > as part of the API for workspace. But maybe we could actually implement
> > them as tasks under the covers (though it should be all transparent).
>
> We're still going to trim the model, right?  We can certainly get rid of
> targets, and model them as tasks (or task models, I guess).  And get rid of
> stuff like getTypeLibs(), getDefaultTargetName() and getImplicitTarget()
> from the interface.

Modelling Targets as tasks would be cool. We could look at having a separate
Ant1CompatTargetTask, which provided if/unless/depends attributes like Ant1,
without having to do the stylesheet hackery.

This, combined with some antlib namespace stuff I'm thinking about (more
later), may allow us to run Ant1 build files directly, without the build file
transformation we currently require.
--
ciao,
Daz