ant-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] Project/Target as Tasks
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2002 03:04:30 GMT
On Sun, 21 Apr 2002 11:46, Peter Donald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What do you think about disapearing the recognition of Project/Target as
> separate objects? We could make Project/Target actual tasks and thus allow
> much more power when creating the model.

Can you give a little more detail of how this might work?

I like the idea of turning targets into tasks.  Not so sure about project,
though -  might be getting a little too abstract.  I think the model where a
project is a set of named, executable tasks (ie targets) is a good one.  It
allows, for example, portions of a project to be reused outside that project,
without regard to the type of projects involved.

Perhaps if we were to explicitly model container tasks, that would work for
projects and targets as well.

Anyway, a definite +1 for the general direction.

--
Adam