ant-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant-myrmidon/src/stylesheets build.xsl
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2002 02:41:56 GMT
On Sun, 21 Apr 2002 12:17, Peter Donald wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Apr 2002 12:21, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> > On Sun, 21 Apr 2002 11:45, donaldp@apache.org wrote:
> > > donaldp     02/04/20 18:45:04
> > >
> > >   Modified:    .        build.xml
> > >   Added:       tools/xsl build.xsl
> > >   Removed:     src/stylesheets build.xsl
> > >   Log:
> > >   Moved build.xsl into tools hierarchy.
> > >
> > >   Update the build system to make it easier to flick a switch and have
> > > the build.xmls generated for you (by overiding a property on command
> > > line)
> >
> > Do we want to cut over to the new build system now, and axe the old
> > stuff?
>
> Works for me. One thing though... it takes 7 minutes to build !!!! ;)

I know.  It's tragic how long it takes.

> We need to cut out the xdoclet stuff unless it is absolutely needed.

We pretty much are only running xdoclet for the stuff that needs it (though we
could skip it for a few of the tests).  How about for the time being we move
it into a separate target, that you'd have to run by hand (maybe it would be
included in the full dist target).  I suppose we could check the descriptors
into cvs too.  Don't really like that, though.

It's not all xdoclet's fault, either - the compiler gets run a bunch more
times than it used to.  And there's all those <ant> calls too.  How about we
move back to the single build file model, rather than having a separate build
file for each project (the build file would still be generated, of course).

--
Adam