ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject [myrmidon] Project/Target as Tasks
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2002 01:46:06 GMT
Hi,

What do you think about disapearing the recognition of Project/Target as
separate objects? We could make Project/Target actual tasks and thus allow
much more power when creating the model. It would also mean a vast
simplification of our code as our ProjectBuilder just loads representation of
one task (that happens to hold child tasks). Our TaskEvent system would also
become simpler and we would not require any implicit information as a
taskStarting() would be called for the TargetTask which we would transform
into a targetStarted in ProjectListener?

A side effect of this would be a simplification of more advanced build tools
ala Maven that could be built on top of Myrmidon. Basically it means they
just have to load Mavens project descriptor and register a new task for
Mavens project model.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald