ant-dev mailing list archives

From Darrell DeBoer <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant-myrmidon/src/stylesheets build.xsl
Date Sat, 20 Apr 2002 09:04:54 GMT

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 18:01, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 17:12, Darrell DeBoer wrote:
> It should be working now - try the very latest stuff from cvs.
> For the time being, it's probably easiest to use the top-level build.xml to
> drive everything (though the full build is *incredibly* slow for some
> reason - need to look into that).  Use the 'dist-lite' target to assemble a
> distribution, which will end up in myrmidon/dist.  The 'test' and 'dist'
> targets current only get as far as framework before failing (I'm working on
> that).
> For working with an individual sub-project, you can try using the
> 'sample-build.xml' files that get generated.  They don't do any recursive
> building yet, so you'll have to manually deal with building dependencies.
> The 'sample-build.xml' files get generated by the 'build-files' target in
> the top-level build.xml.
> Things to watch out for atm is to make sure that junit and xalan (there's a
> copy in tools/xalan) are in your classpath when you kick off ant, and that
> the ant you're using has been built with trax support enabled.

Thanks. I'd actually got that all working - it's actually pretty simple to
use. It's just that I need a full dist in order to test the Ant1Compat stuff,
and it wasn't quite there..

> There's some docs on the way, and some of the caveats above will disappear
> over time.
> Any suggestions for changes, let me know.

I think that all generated files should probably be put into the relevant
"build" dir. I suppose the sub-project build files could be an exception, but
I think that generating the manifest files into src/conf is a bit confusing,
and could lead to problems.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message