ant-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant-myrmidon/src/stylesheets build.xsl
Date Sat, 20 Apr 2002 08:01:21 GMT
On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 17:12, Darrell DeBoer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This stuff looks very cool, although I admit to being a little confused...

Apologies for taking so long on this.  It should be pretty much ready to use,
with the last couple of commits.  It's definitely not finished yet, but that
can wait.

> Am I right in assuming that the copies of "build.xml" and
> "project.properties" in each sub-project are just remnants of an initial
> attempt at an
> Excalibur-inspired build system? These don't seem to work for me at all.

Yep.  I haven't been testing them against the changes I've been making, so
they could well be broken.

> I'm sort of holding off until the complete build is up and running again -
> what's the time-frame for getting the full distribution built? Anything I
> can do to pitch in?

It should be working now - try the very latest stuff from cvs.

For the time being, it's probably easiest to use the top-level build.xml to
drive everything (though the full build is *incredibly* slow for some reason
- need to look into that).  Use the 'dist-lite' target to assemble a
distribution, which will end up in myrmidon/dist.  The 'test' and 'dist'
targets current only get as far as framework before failing (I'm working on
that).

For working with an individual sub-project, you can try using the
'sample-build.xml' files that get generated.  They don't do any recursive
building yet, so you'll have to manually deal with building dependencies.
The 'sample-build.xml' files get generated by the 'build-files' target in the
top-level build.xml.

Things to watch out for atm is to make sure that junit and xalan (there's a
copy in tools/xalan) are in your classpath when you kick off ant, and that
the ant you're using has been built with trax support enabled.

There's some docs on the way, and some of the caveats above will disappear
over time.

Any suggestions for changes, let me know.

--
Adam