ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: why no workie: adding attributes to Project
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:44:21 GMT
On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 23:33, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> Its certainly not quite the same as what you were getting at, but try/catch
> or the logger/listener approach is much better than tweaking with Project,
> which is a change you will have to maintain yourself forever and would not
> become part of the core Ant 1.x codebase.

I would *highly* recomend using the TryCatch task as I have have been using a
version for a while now and it covers almost all my error handling needs. I
haven't used the task at sourceforge but I vaguely recall Stefan describing
it and I thought it was better than what I was using :)

You can do all sorts of funky stuff them to. ie Send mails on errors, retry
tasks until success (ie if ftp times out retry it again). Definetly good
stuff.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald