ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <>
Subject Re: why no workie: adding attributes to Project
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:44:21 GMT
On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 23:33, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> Its certainly not quite the same as what you were getting at, but try/catch
> or the logger/listener approach is much better than tweaking with Project,
> which is a change you will have to maintain yourself forever and would not
> become part of the core Ant 1.x codebase.

I would *highly* recomend using the TryCatch task as I have have been using a
version for a while now and it covers almost all my error handling needs. I
haven't used the task at sourceforge but I vaguely recall Stefan describing
it and I thought it was better than what I was using :)

You can do all sorts of funky stuff them to. ie Send mails on errors, retry
tasks until success (ie if ftp times out retry it again). Definetly good

Peter Donald

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message