ant-dev mailing list archives

From Derek Slager <de...@activate.net>
Subject Re: Song contest?
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 19:28:40 GMT
On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 05:51:10PM +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> I just stumbled over this <http://www.openbsd.org/lyrics.html> - maybe
> Ant needs a song, not only a logo 8-)

(To the tune of "We Built This City", by Jefferson Starship)

Chorus:
We built this project, we built this project with X ... M ... L
Built this project, we built this project with X ... M ... L

Say you like Makefiles, your tab key's worn out
Won't compile on Windows, you scream and you shout
Knee deep in terse syntax, can't keep your targets straight
Too many syntax errors, keep you up too late

Jakarta has an answer, an 8-legged treat, so you can say that
We built this project, we built this project with X ... M ... L ...

chorus

Everyday a new user, tired of the old way
Less time spent building, more time to play
We just want to write code, is that such a crime?
Ant to the rescue, project's done on time!

Jakarta has an answer, an 8-legged treat, so you can say that
We built this project, we built this project with X ... M ... L ...

chorus

For the full 'effect', I suggest listening to the original song while
reading the lyrics. :)

Cheers,

--
Derek Slager