ant-dev mailing list archives

From stephan beal <step...@wanderinghorse.net>
Subject why no workie: adding attributes to Project
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 11:44:42 GMT
Hello!
i'm hacking my Project.java to enable the following:

<project errortarget="on_error">
</project>
If any target fails (throws a BuildException) the target named 'on_error' will
be called, and then the build will bail out.

i've added the setter to Project, but i still get:
/home/stephan/cvs/einsurance/build.stephan.xml:8: Unexpected attribute
"errortarget"

public void setErrortarget( String targetname ) {
    this.onErrorJumpToTarget = targetname;
}

i am 100% certain that my copy of Project is used by ant because other
debuggering output from my changes are printed.

Does this way of adding attributes only work with tasks? If so, how can i add
an attribute to the Project object such that it can be set via XML?

----- stephan
Generic Unix Computer Guy
stephan@einsurance.de - http://www.einsurance.de
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862 Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
"As death comes, without our looking for it, so should be life."