ant-dev mailing list archives

From Darrell DeBoer <darr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] CVS move
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 04:17:28 GMT
G'day

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002 21:37, Peter Donald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have slowly been moving code across to the new CVS. It currently doesn't
> work but it all compiles ;) Heres the things that still need doing. Need to

Wow! I go away for a week and look what happens... :)

> * move across the ant1compat layer.
It looks like this is now moved, but I don't imagine that it's functional.
I'll have a look at it in the next couple of days. (Hopefully, I can
reuse/extend the build templates that Adam is working on, but I haven't had a
chance to look at it yet).

After that, I plan to work on 2 things:
1) GUMP run using Myrmidon. I've managed to get a regular GUMP run going; now
it's time to try it out using Myrmidon.

2) Refactor the passing of "context" from the the Embedding app -> Workspace
-> Project Execution -> Task, so that:
   a) An app hosting Myrmidon has more control over setting up the
environment which is inherited by Embeddor (current only has Parameters, me
thinks?)
    b) Ant/AntCall can setup listeners, references and TaskDefs which should
be passed to the executed target.
I was thinking of introducing a ContainerContext (or ExecutionContext?) which
can be passed into the Embeddor, which could create a child context for each
workspace, which could then create a child context for each Project
execution, and so on... This should make it easier to introduce scoped
properties as well.

> * move across scripts
> * get xdoclet generating descriptors for antlib/framework again
> * get antlib generating multiple jars again
> * move some of the other build.xmls to project.xmls
> * add target to top-level build file that will create a "dist" image of
> whole of myrmidon
> * integrate better inter-library support (ie the fact that an antlib
> depends upon a extension should be automatically detected and configured)
> * put all the tasks/vsl sheets etc that are used in build process into
> buildtools sub-project and jar up them there
> * create a gump descriptor to do nightlies.
>
> I will do the gump descriptor. However all the rest needs to be done ;)

Thanks for all the hard work, guys; it looks good.
--
ciao,
Daz