ant-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant-myrmidon/api project.xml
Date Sun, 14 Apr 2002 08:07:03 GMT

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002 17:41, adammurdoch@apache.org wrote:
> adammurdoch    02/04/14 00:41:00
>
>   Added:       .        build.xml
>                aut      project.xml
>                api      project.xml
>   Log:
>   Added sample project descriptors for api and aut.

This is a first cut at a descriptor driven build for myrmidon. It's pretty
rough at this stage, but should give an idea of how it might end up looking.

The DTD is loosely based on maven's, with a few extra things.  At this stage,
the DTD does not deal with more than one jar per project (obviously that has
to change).

The stylesheet spits out build files which do pretty much everything that the
current build files for api and aut do, with the added bonus of generated
ant-roles.xml and ant-descriptor.xml.  There's no checkstyle or junit reports
yet.

Generating the build files from the descriptors is a manual step at this
stage.  To do so, use the 'build-files' target in the build.xml at the root
of the source tree.  It'll spit out sample-build.xml in the api and aut
directories (plus a bucketload of warnings which, being a dvsl newb, haven't
figured out how to get rid of yet).

Thoughts?  Is this is the direction we want to go?  If so, I'll tidy up the
project descriptor DTD a little, and get the stylesheet into a workable
state.

--
Adam