ant-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Tkachenko ...@freehold.crocodile.org>
Subject Re: java1.4 issues
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2002 07:06:01 GMT
According to Steve Loughran:

> OK, I am looking at java 1.4... I have a box which is upgraded to test on,
> even though I havent moved any of my desktops up to the new future. (well, 2
> out of 3 are running vs.net, which is someone else's new future)

Totally unrelated and possibly offtopic, but when I upgraded the JDK from
Linux 1.4 beta to Linux 1.4 final, I've started to have a deadlock related
to the race condition on the inner class monitor.  Of course my code was
incorrect, but it worked without a hitch in all JDK versions until 1.4
final. This is something to watch for.

Just my $0.02...

> -Steve

--vt