ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Anybody with GnuPG or PGP on Windows?
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 04:32:55 GMT
> > (Too bad you can't just exec 'stty -echo' :)
>
> Don't laugh, I've tried it some weeks ago - unfortunately it doesn't
> work.

It'd work from $HOME/.antrc:

#!/bin/sh

echo -n "Password: "
stty -echo
read passwd
stty echo
ANT_OPTS="$ANT_OPTS -Dpasswd=$passwd"

Of course, if you didn't want to always prompt for a password, you'd need
to beef up the script a bit (probably have it parse the Ant command line
for a particular target -- and, of course, you'd only be able to run that
target from the command line, not as a dependency).

> And even if it did, I wouldn't win anything.  GnuPG and PGP
> work on Unix and I don't think stty is an option on Windows.

I'm not sure I follow this (except the bit about Windows not having 'stty'
:), but then again, I wasn't following this thread until your post about
not being able to turn echo'ing keyboard input off in Java.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)