ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] moving to new module
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 00:04:04 GMT
On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 17:26, Adam Murdoch wrote:

> > > Um, the service providers?  Which bit are you referring to there?
> >
> > basically the objects that implement the interface.
>
> The interface being the service, I presume?  So we have:

yep. Sorry I use a whole bunch of terms almost interchangably ;)

> Service == the interface through which you use the service == interfaces.*
> Service provider == an implementation of a service == components.*

yep.

> Seems like 'providers' is a better heirarchy name than 'components'.  So we
> want to rename
>
> o.a.myrmidon.interfaces -> o.a.myrmidon.services
> o.a.myrmidon.components -> o.a.myrmidon.providers

I dont really mind. I like current approach but that one is also good. As
long as they are separated then I will be happy.

> > > They definitely need work.  How about we axe the stuff in aspects
> > > altogether?
> >
> > Doh! Took me ages to figure out how to code em like that - ohwell. I
> > guess they really haven't provided bang for buck so yer remove them.
>
> Leave 'em there if you want.

Ill zap them until we need them. Just hate deleting code I spent ages on ;)

> > > For listeners, how about we move the interfaces and
> > > AbstractProjectListener -> o.a.myrmidon.api.listeners, and the
> > > remainder to antlibs.core.
> >
> > I don't like moving to api.listeners as I want to keep the api.* tree
> > only tied to tasks - not to the workspace, project, target and other ant
> > artefacts. If we could generalize then event infrastructure then +1
> > otherwise lets hold off for the time being.
>
> Sure.  Just out of interest, what is the distinction between listeners,
> and, say, a project builder, or workspace, or anything else in interfaces.*
> ?  Why are they off in their own package hierarchy?

Well I was thinking that listeners are things that end-users would want to
extend. So it is the sort of thing that task writers would want to use.
Whereas the interfaces.* hierarchy is more useful to people who want to
radically alter the way the container works

> > Anything else you want to maintain history about ?
>
> Nope.

Started to move. Aut/site is moved and seems to be working. However I believe
I broke a bunch of unit tests in main tree. Will fix tonight.

--
Cheers,

Pete

Frank Zappa observed: "It's not getting any smarter out
                       there.You have to come to terms with
                       stupidity, and make it work for you."