ant-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] moving to new module
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 07:26:14 GMT
On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:16, Peter Donald wrote:

> > > I like it.
> > >
> > > Then we come across the problem - what do we call the service
> > > providers. We could keep the name "components.*" or could go to
> > > something like "providers.*" or go to an ant specific terminology (for
> > > example the providers in phoenix are cllaed blocks and we put them in
> > > the blocks.* hierarchy).
> >
> > Um, the service providers?  Which bit are you referring to there?
>
> basically the objects that implement the interface.

The interface being the service, I presume?  So we have:

Service == the interface through which you use the service == interfaces.*
Service provider == an implementation of a service == components.*

Seems like 'providers' is a better heirarchy name than 'components'.  So we
want to rename

o.a.myrmidon.interfaces -> o.a.myrmidon.services
o.a.myrmidon.components -> o.a.myrmidon.providers

> > They definitely need work.  How about we axe the stuff in aspects
> > altogether?
>
> Doh! Took me ages to figure out how to code em like that - ohwell. I guess
> they really haven't provided bang for buck so yer remove them.

Leave 'em there if you want.

> > For listeners, how about we move the interfaces and
> > AbstractProjectListener -> o.a.myrmidon.api.listeners, and the remainder
> > to antlibs.core.
>
> I don't like moving to api.listeners as I want to keep the api.* tree only
> tied to tasks - not to the workspace, project, target and other ant
> artefacts. If we could generalize then event infrastructure then +1
> otherwise lets hold off for the time being.

Sure.  Just out of interest, what is the distinction between listeners, and,
say, a project builder, or workspace, or anything else in interfaces.* ?  Why
are they off in their own package hierarchy?

> Anything else you want to maintain history about ?

Nope.

--
Adam