ant-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] moving to new module
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 00:55:37 GMT
On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:11, Peter Donald wrote:

> So when do you want to start moving this and all that?

Soon.  I have a few bits and pieces I want to commit today sometime.

Just to recap the plan:

* Keep the package names the same.  Though, I wonder if we shouldn't rename
'components' -> 'services'?

* AUT
o.a.aut.*

* Task API
o.a.myrmidon.api.*

* Container API + impl
o.a.myrmidon.interfaces.*
o.a.myrmidon.components.*
o.a.myrmidon.launcher.*
o.a.myrmidon.frontends.* (keep 'em in here for the time being)

* Task framework
o.a.myrmidon.framework.*
o.a.tools.todo.*

* Final Antlibs
o.a.antlib.*

* Ant1 compat
Thinking about it, we might want to keep this one separate.  Mainly because it
needs contortions to build, which all the other stuff doesn't, and might not
be as easy to write a descriptor for.

There's a few other things we've overlooked:

* myrmidon.Constants.  Move to myrmidon.interfaces.Constants?  Or maybe we
want one each for task API, container API and container impl?  Or axe
altogether?

* myrmidon.aspects.  Move to interfaces.aspects?

* myrmidon.listeners.  Split across task API and framework?

* <antlib-jar>, <antlib-descriptor>.  Ultimately, I'd like these to be in a
regular antlib (which would extend the ant1compat antlib) and included in the
distro.  Maybe leave 'em off on their own for now.

Do we want to go with a directory layout a la excalibur, something like:

aut
   /src
       /java
       /test
taskapi
   /src
       /java
container
   /src
       /java
       /test
       /manifest

With a single top level build.xml for the time being.

--
Adam