ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] moving to new module
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 23:09:54 GMT
On Mon, 8 Apr 2002 23:10, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Apr 2002 22:24, Peter Donald wrote:
> > > Particularly when there's a bunch of implementations that are all kinda
> > > the same.  What we need is somewhere to add abstract and reusable
> > > implementations,
> >
> > Chuck the abstract implementations in the component hierarchy. So say we
> > have something like
> >
> > cmyrmidon.components.foo.AbstractFoo
> > cmyrmidon.components.foo.DefaultFoo
> > cmyrmidon.components.foo.SpecialFoo
> >
> > Does that work for you?
>
> Not quite - we sometimes need to use the abstract impl in more than one
> component package.

Can you give me an example - I am coming up empty when I try to think of one.

> And if the util class is being used by more than one component, but doesn't
> involve any interaction between them?  Say, for example, a util method that
> adds the contents of a Map to a PropertyStore?

duplicate it if it is small (this keeps the system clean, decoupled and
"agile") or push it into a myrmidon.utils.* if not. Though to be honest I
can't think of anything that could justify a "tils" package just yet? Have
you got something in mind.

--
Cheers,

Pete