ant-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] moving to new module
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 13:10:19 GMT
On Mon, 8 Apr 2002 22:24, Peter Donald wrote:

> > Particularly when there's a bunch of implementations that are all kinda
> > the same.  What we need is somewhere to add abstract and reusable
> > implementations,
>
> Chuck the abstract implementations in the component hierarchy. So say we
> have something like
>
> cmyrmidon.components.foo.AbstractFoo
> cmyrmidon.components.foo.DefaultFoo
> cmyrmidon.components.foo.SpecialFoo
>
> Does that work for you?

Not quite - we sometimes need to use the abstract impl in more than one
component package.

> > and util classes.
>
> If the util classes are part of the communication layer between the
> component and it's clients then chuck them in

And if the util class is being used by more than one component, but doesn't
involve any interaction between them?  Say, for example, a util method that
adds the contents of a Map to a PropertyStore?

> > My preferred option is to add 'em alongside the interfaces, but go with a
> > new package hierarchy, rather than myrmidon.interfaces.*.
>
> Kool - what would you suggest?
>
> myrmidon.interfaces.*
>
> is meant to represent all the classes that are required for one component
> to talk to another component. "interfaces" is a good name for it maybe but
> I guess it can be confusion as it includes both classes and java
> interfaces. How about myrmidon.roles.* ? Or something. I would still prefer
> myrmidon.interfaces.* but if there is something that can carry the same
> meaning but clearer then all the better.

"interfaces" is fine.  I can't think of anything better.

--
Adam