ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] Move framework outta myrmidon?
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2002 12:58:24 GMT
On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 21:35, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> > Really don't like that use ;) Seems like an ugly hack. Either it
> > is pluggable
> > or its not. And if it is pluggable we want it to be as strongly typed as
> > possible (ie it implements the correct interface) and all objects that
> > implement a role interface should register themselves under that role.
>
> Fair enough.  I'm happy to axe that one.

yay!

> > How about we try enhancing the extension / classloader system so
> > that we can
> > have multi-parent classloaders (assuming disjoint class sets).
> > The we try and
> > build an appropriate dependency tree for each library dependency
> > tree. if we
> > detect conflicts (ie dependency 1 uses X lib in classloader A while
> > dependency 2 uses X lib in classloader B) then we throw an
> > exception and hope
> > things work out for the best ;)
>
> I just checked in a bunch of changes to do this.  Let's see how it goes ...

kool.

> One simple option I was toying with, was to add a 'final' attribute to the
> antlib descriptor.  Antlibs that are declared final cannot be used by other
> antlibs.  Non-final antlibs would be made available as extensions that can
> be used by other antlibs.

That may be a good idea. However I would make antlibs default to final and
require that users explicitly mark them as extendable or whatever.

However this would not interact with the isolate="" attribute. I am not sure
if I finished it but isolate="" was meant to mean that every task loaded from
the library would cause a new classloader to be created for type. I believe I
got it hacked together bit and had a ReloadableTypeFactory implementation.
However we need to make sure that

extendable=true ==> isolated=false
and
isolated=true ==> extendable=false