ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon/src/xdocs todo.xml
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2002 11:57:30 GMT
On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 20:58, adammurdoch@apache.org wrote:
>   * Use multi-parent ClassLoaders for antlibs and extensions, so that each
>     extension jar is loaded by a single ClassLoader in the hierarchy.
> Allows classes from extensions to be shared across dependent antlibs and
> extensions.

ooer!

>   * Changed contract of ClassLoaderManager.createClassLoader( File[] ), so
> that it creates a new ClassLoader each time it is called.

yay!

>   * Added a few test cases for DefaultClassLoaderManager.

BTW I noticed that you create testdata every time through in a few cases. Is
there anyreason why you don't check the binary test data into the repository?
This would improve our build times and it also gets a much more reliable test
set. Because we no longer have to worry about ourselves buggering up one of
the ant tasks or something and this task (which is subsequently used to build
test data) would then cause other uni tests to fail. If we use a known
quantity then it is much easier to reliably do unit testing? Thoughts?

--
Cheers,

Pete