ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: possible bug in ChangeLog task
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2002 11:38:47 GMT
On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 00:45, Frederic Lavigne wrote:
> I've tested the changelog and found a possible bug in the log parser.
> processGetPreviousRevision method sets the status to GET_COMMENT but it
> should set it to GET_DATE otherwise the date information gets put in the
> comment

damn - fixed.

I also fixed it so that the time is actually recorded now aswell - previously
it was just reading the date and ignoring the time field ;)

> and as the author is escaped using a CDATA, you finally get a CDATA
> inside a CDATA...

I reworked this so that no matter what this should never happen by placing
the CDATA escaping in the writer.

> Am I right ?

completely! patch applied ;)

> Also I've encountered some problems when cvs log is executed. The process
> hangs forever and the changelog command never ends. I modified the
> Changelog command to send the cvs log output to a temporary file (I reuse
> the cvs task for that) and then I pass this file to the parser.

Can't reproduce but I suspect that it has something to do with the error
stream not being read from until the end of parsing. Now the stderror is
processed in a separate thread and this *should* fix it - if that was the
problem. Could you download again and see if it works for you !

--
Cheers,

Pete