ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Ant.java
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 16:01:31 GMT
> See the code in execute that immediately preceedes the call to
> initializeProject, it will leave dir as null if inheritAll is false

Rats! -- the one little booger I didn't test for. Sorry about that.
(That's why I'm not QA :)

> But the question remains, where do we want to put the logfile if the
> user has specified a dir attribute.  Into dir or still use the current
> projects basedir?  We are talking about a backwards incompatible
> change anyway, but one that can be called a bugfix for very good
> reasons 8-).

Clearly, I agreed with the PR and thought it should go into the dir of the
build file that's being called, since that way you can at least in some
way identify which build file the output's coming from. Of course, that
doesn't doodley for output from build file's being run from the same
directory, but at least it was something.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)