ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nigel Magnay <>
Subject Environment variables in different JDKs??
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:21:09 GMT

I've just come a cropper running one of the VSS tasks when I changed
my JDK to a 1.3 version. Suddenly it couldn't find the environment
variables required to execute SS.EXE that it could before.

Digging a bit into the Execute task, I noticed it's way more complex
than I thought it would be, with all kinds of JDK dependent stuff.

Is this just a fact of Java life?

The VSS tasks have attributes that let me set them in the build
file which is no big deal - however, it does mention that, for example,
by default it expects SS.EXE to be in the path. It seems that if
I run a JDK1.3 it doesn't see that, so you probably have to specify
it. If so a documentation footnote may be useful to this effect.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message