ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mail...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: [JPackage-devel] FW: jakarta ant 1.4.1/1.5 ant script
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 07:52:31 GMT
Le mar 30/04/2002 à 09:27, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :
> On 29 Apr 2002, Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mailhot@laposte.net> wrote:
>
> > It works. I'd expect ksh to also work nicely.
>
> Great.
>
> Unfortunately there are these C-Shell based systems out there that
> only contain a minimal Bourne Shell as /bin/sh and this one doesn't
> seem to like it

Damn. Just tried tcsh and it choked on $() *and* ``.
Are you telling me there are systems out there braindamaged enough to
ship only a csh-like shell ? Because if we want a script that works with
the dumbest shell in existence (in this case tcsh) I really don't see
how we can make it.

I'd say lets just stick with posix shells. I've always heard csh-like
shells where pretty weird and this only confirms it. I we really want to
work on csh-only systems, I fear we'll have to ship another script in
real native csh syntax.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot