ant-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nelson <cnel...@einnovation.com>
Subject incremental zip or tar
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:11:03 GMT
Hello,

After spending a good while searching all the docs, searching the
mailing lists, and perusing the source, I have been unable to determine
if there is any way to do an incremental zip or tar.  E. G., I want a
zip that ONLY includes files that have changed since the last zip so I
can use it to apply incremental changes.  It appears that there is not a
way to this, and I am wanting to find out what people think is the best
approach for adding this functionality to ant.  My questions are:

1) Is there already a way to do this and I missed it?

2) Should I look to have the zip task take an "incremental" attribute
that does this?

3) Should I do this in a more generic way, perhaps making a FileSet that
can restrict based on modification dates instead of just patterns?

Thanks in advance,

Chris