ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mail...@one2team.com>
Subject RE: [JPackage-devel] FW: jakarta ant 1.4.1/1.5 ant script
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:10:13 GMT
Le jeu 25/04/2002 à 17:59, GOMEZ Henri a écrit :
> >You might want to clean up the .conf a bit, the fact it was taken from
> >tomcat shows (and we really don't need either LANG ot jit options for
> >ant)
>
> There are commented ;)

I'd say junk them before some user gets creative :)

> >The big problem I see in the sh is there are lots of paths without
> >enclosing "", wich will break as soon as someone inputs
> >directories with
> >spaces.
>
> In ant original or in my adds ?

Most of those in original, at least one in your adds

> >And do you really need to cygwinize all these paths at the end of the
> >script when most of the work as alredy been done before ?
>
> This ant script is the standard from 1.5 (no more our old one)
> handling directly rpmmode, better for all of us (rpm packagers/ant devs).
>
> Nota that I use this updated ant script in my latest 1.4.1 rpm ;)

I don't say it won't work, but there are clearly ways to break it
(especially with cygwin where spaced dirs are not uncommon)

I agree most of the problems are not yours:)

Regards

--
Nicolas Mailhot