ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: New ContentHandler attribute in Style build-in task wanted
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 20:03:57 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christian Mallwitz" <c.mallwitz@intershop.de>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 8:11 AM
Subject: New ContentHandler attribute in Style build-in task wanted

> Hi,
>
> I would like to extend the build-in Style task with a contenthandler
> attribute. So far if I have to use a content handler (of type
> org.xml.sax.ContentHandler) I don't use the Style but the Java task with
> Xalan e.g.
>
> <java classname="org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process" output="foo.txt">
>      <arg line="-IN foo.xml -XSL foo.xslt -CONTENTHANDLER
> com.foo.myContentHandler"/>
> </java>
>
> I would have to extend the XSLTProcessor class, the XSLTLiason interface
and
> the optional classes implementing it.
>
> Would I have to get commit access to the CVS for that or can I post diff's
> to the original developers?

read access is all you need; add the CVS diff -u diffs of files (including
documentation and tests) to a bug report, harass people on the list till it
gets committed. Tests are important, you save a lot of time if you can do
some junit tests to validate it all working.

>What if XslpLiason (depricated anyway) doesnt't
> support the new attribute but ignores it quitely?

add a warning message to that liason, perhaps