ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: New Optional Tasks
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 06:54:16 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrus Adamchik" <andrus-jk@objectstyle.org>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 09:02
Subject: Re: New Optional Tasks

> In the future we will refactor code to better match the guidelines
> (though I think we are very close already), and come back to this
> conversation after Ant 1.5 is released.

post1.5 we want to sit down again and sort out a good way of dynamically
can do this we will be even more reluctant to bring stuff into the optional
task set.

The issue is we much prefer ant tasks to go with their dependent libraries,
as it reduces version problems, as well as maintenance, bug reports etc.

-steve