ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Ant 1.5 Beta1 Sneak Preview ready
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 02:25:10 GMT
Hi,
Before I make a formal announcement, I have uploaded
the beta 1 build onto

http://jakarta.apache.org/~umagesh/builds/jakarta-ant/release/v1.5Beta1

Please take a look and verify if everything looks good.
Based on your feedback, tomorrow, I will go ahead and move it
into jakarta.apache.org/builds and then, also perform
the other tasks like BugZilla version adding, announcing, etc.

At this time, I would also like to announce that
the Ant 1.6Alpha tree is available for further
commits to the main trunk.  However, the patches
that you want reflected in Ant 1.5 must go against the
ANT_15_BRANCH.  Bear in mind that we are in a feature
freeze as far as 1.5 Branch goes.  Only bugfizes,
documentation updates/additions and testcase additions/
updates may take place on this branch - anything else
would have to be voted upon.

To start commiting against the branch, you would
first have to do a recursive cvs update based on branch
name:

cvs checkout -r ANT_15_BRANCH

This would create a working copy of the branch for you,
and any modifications to this followed by further commits
will be performed against the branch.

If you want to commit against the main tree after
having swithed to the branch environment, you would
have to update your working copy again with the main trunk
by performing a cvs update after resetting any
sticky keys.

Cheers,
Magesh