ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: [xdocs] Datatypes and deep nested elements
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 19:16:17 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Curt Arnold" <carnold@houston.rr.com>

> When I run proposal/xdocs/build.xml's "main" and "docs" targets, I get a
> reasonable set of HTML documentations for tasks, but the datatypes "HTML"
> files are almost exactly identical to the source XML files.  I assume that
> this is probably fixed in one or the other of the uncommitted sets of
> changes alluded to in the previous messages.
>
> The currently generated task documentation does not produce any
> documentation for nested elements of nested elements.
>
> If anyone has fixes for either of these issues, I would appreciate it.

The nested elements is a complex issue to resolve with XDoclet.  I will be
jumping back into this project in the very near future and hope to get it
solved and documentation finally generating as nice as we'd like.  It
certainly won't be in place for Ant 1.5 to replace our released
documentation (unless xdocs works super well and the committers vote to pull
it in).

    Erik