ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AntTest Test Failure: WinNT 4.0, JDK 1.3.0_02, 1.4.0_b92
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 15:15:35 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

> On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Stephane Bailliez <stephane.bailliez@haht.com>
> wrote:
>
> > The later will really be later, but sounds like it could be useful
> > for this now ?
>
> Think so, yes.
>
> I'm not sure on the effect for IDE integration efforts.  If
> BuildLoggers now close streams that they didn't close in 1.4.1 this
> may become a problem for people that rely on loggers leaving them
> open.  But probably most people are using their own BuildLoggers
> anyway.

I closed the stream in Ant.execute and that makes the
test pass.  It is also safe because we are explicitly
checking to see if logfile (a file) is being used and then
close it - hence no problem with IDEs.  Shall I go ahead with
this approach and patch it up?

> Stefan

Cheers,
Magesh

*  When in doubt, mumble; when in trouble,  *
*  delegate; when in charge, ponder.        *
*                          - James H. Boren *