ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Tagging and Branching Plan
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:13:13 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Diane Holt" <holtdl@yahoo.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 9:54 AM
Subject: Re: Tagging and Branching Plan

> So I guess we need to make a quick decision wrt the <do> task. Since Conor
> -1'd it, does that mean it has to get backed out, or can it stay and we
> can think about what to do about it for maybe 1.6? (If it can stay, just
> don't tag do.html or Do.java, and tag rev 1.260 of WHATSNEW, rev 1.41 of
> coretasklist.html, and rev 1.12 of tasksoverview.html -- or would doing it
> that way get too weird for you?).

I think we should pull it out of the beta-1...we can always stick it back in
beta-2 after discussion, but once it goes out there into a beta things start
to freeze.

My fear about this task it that it makes it easy to abandon the whole graph
notion completely; use <do> everywhere in a sequential style...we can see
ant beginners use <antcall> left right and centre for a similar effect