ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Ant 1.5 Release Plan
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 21:33:28 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Loughran" <steve_l@iseran.com>

> > Till April 30: Complete planned activities (based on to-do list)
> >                on Ant 1.5Alpha
> > May 1st Week : Release Ant 1.5Beta1
> > Rest of May  : *Bug* fixes to Ant 1.5Alpha, if any.
> > June 1st Week: Release Ant 1.5Beta2, followed by *bug* fixes, if any.
> > June 4th Week: Vote on Ant 1.5 Release.
> > July 1st Week: Release Ant 1.5
>
> And 1.5.1 in, say August.
>
> What you have proposed is nearly a 3 month beta cycle for ant. That is
kind
> of long. maybe it is a good length, maybe a bad one. Were we to get back
> 6 month release cycles we would be in beta release mode more than 50% of
the
> time unless we compressed the release schedule again.

I think you are somewhat right judging from a recent comment from Conor
about download numbers. Not many people will use the beta, but rather jump
on the release and report problems.

Maybe the beta cycle can be shortened from 2 months to 1 month and plan the
1.5.1 the third month if necessary.

Easy to say for me as I won't be there.