ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SUBMIT] SerialVer tasks
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 02:19:56 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephane Chauvin" <SChauvin@cardiff.com>

> Hi,
> Since the last time, I did the following modifications:
>
> >IMO, the replacesuid is best represented as a
> >filterreader.
>
> I renamed replacesuid to suidfilter. I would like to keep "suid".

Sorry, I guess I wasn't as clear as I would have
liked to be earlier.  What I meant by 'best represented
as a Filterreader' was not actually a renaming
of the class, but implementing replacesuid as
a FilterReader which is a newly introduced feature
in Ant 1.5Alpha.  Look at the files under
org/apache/tools/ant/filters directory for
examples...

> >I would be happier with something which generated a new copy of the >file
> in a destination directory
>
> Done, I added the destdir attribute. If it is not used, the original file
is
> replaced.
>
> I hope that this task will help developers who are using the serializable
> objects and especially the serialver program. I created these tasks and am
> using them, since I read this Java functionality in the "Developing JAVA
> Beans (O'Reilly)" book.
> All comments are welcome.
>
> Stephane

Cheers,