ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Ant 1.5 Release Plan
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 02:15:21 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Diane Holt" <holtdl@yahoo.com>

> I hate to be a party-pooper -- I'd like to see 1.5 get out as much as the
> next person -- but I'd really like to see us hit that 30-bugs mark before
> that happens.

We have until late June (maybe till Mid-July) to keep
working on the bugs already entered in BugZilla so that
the fixes make it into Ant 1.5.  How about we say we tackle
all bugs recorded as of today (Apr 9) and get them down to
30?  Anything recorded in BugZilla from tomorrow may
or may not get a fix that makes it into Ant 1.5

> I've put together a page of the open bugs (no ERs) as of
> noon (PDT) today to try and help towards getting to that goal -- or at
> least deciding that the remainder can wait till later. Note that this is a
> static snapshot and won't be updated (unless it's done manually) -- it's
> just a place to try and get organized so we can try and cut through these.
> The link is: http://icarus.apache.org/~holtdl/buglist.htm

Cool summary...

> Magesh, as the RM, it's your call as to which really need to be fixed and
> which can be put off, so I guess in the end I'm a +1, so long as there's
> at least an accounting for the open bugs (ie., they've all been looked at
> and decided about as far as being put-off-able).

Stefan has already been changing the severity and
priority of the bugs as he saw fit.  I will do a
second sweep this weekend and see if the severities
and priorities are justifiable.

> Stephane, I know you're pressed for time, but could you look at 7877, and
> either apply the supplied patch, or let us know it looks good and one of
> us should apply it?  Thanks.
>
> Diane

Cheers,
Magesh