ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <>
Subject Re: Ant 1.5alpha refresh notice
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 17:38:30 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Janes" <>

> The files are served (correctly, AFAIK) as text/plain, and display fine in
> Mozilla under Linux (trunk build 2002041822, which is slightly newer than
> the 1.0 release candidate) and lynx (Version 2.8.4dev.16).

That's good then!

> There are other MIME issues--the .md5 files are served as application/zip
> and application/x-tar, and all .rpm and .rpm.md5 files are served as
> audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin--but all of the .asc files are OK.

I noticed them as well...  problem with rpm is that
rpm is being used as a realaudio extension as well as
Redhat package manager extension.  Option is to
use mod_mime_magic which would slow down the server -
so I don't know if that is preferred - I notice that
Ant 1.4.1's rpms too have the realaudio mime type -
so I guess it shouldn't be a big deal to download...

> Could be you have a version of Netscape 6 that has a file handling bug,
> although I don't remember seeing those symptoms.  What release are you
> running, and what happens--do you get a download prompt or just a blank

Lynx: 2.8.3
Netscape6: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; m18) Gecko/20010131

The unrelated link still results in a blank page
when using Netscape.  However, I have solved the
issue with the download link that I provided
earlier, by using a RemoveEncoding directive...

> Peter J.

*  Office: A place where you can relax after   *
*  your strenuous home life.                   *

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message