ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: optional tasks web page for ANT 2 ? or before ?
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 18:58:56 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

> On Sun, 21 Apr 2002, Cyrille Morvan <cyrille_list@ingenosya.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I think ANT need an official website to reference the optional
> > tasks, not integrated into ANT. To help user to find and download
> > the tasks that they need. A more dynamic page that the " External
> > Tools and Tasks " page.
>
> While I agree that something like you describe would be way cool, it
> doesn't really fit into Ant itself.  It would be a project of its own
> to create (and I bet a lot of people would argue against using EJB and
> I would argue against MySQL ;-).
>
> If such a thing exists, tell us and we'll link to it 8-)

Well, Krysalis Centipede downloads and installs automatically external tasks
and targets to be used in your build file using JJAR and Ant itself,   you
just need to specify the tool's name.

The Jakarta POI site is using it, and I'm struggling to get a release out
ASAP, given the reduced time I have (yes, I'm getting married :-D )

And yes, there is a link already (BTW, I've put the new cool Ant logo on the
krysalis page) :-)

You can subscribe to the announcement list of krysalis and know when it's
coming out.
See
www.krysalis.org/centipede

            - verba volant, scripta manent -