ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: compression for tar/untar (resend)
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2002 02:00:55 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Curt Arnold" <carnold@houston.rr.com>

> From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
> > Ant doesn't invoke tar on the command line but uses some internal Java
> > classes.  It may be possible to wrap a TarOutputStream into a
> > (B)Zip(2)OutputStream, I haven't tried it.  If that doesn't work, I
> > don't see a way to work without an intermediate file.
> >
> > If it is fairly simple, I'm sure somebody will send in a patch to
> > enable it ;-)
>
> If there is a reasonable likelihood of it going in and nobody else wants
> volunteer, I can give it a shot in the next few days.

+1 on adding this when a patch is submitted.  Please
note that for this to be added into Ant 1.5, you
would have  to submit the patch before this weekend
(to give room for review and commiting before 30th).

Cheers,
Magesh

*  There are two types of people in this    *
*  world, good and bad.  The good sleep     *
*  better, but the bad seem to enjoy the    *
*  waking hours much more. - Woody Allen    *