ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: <ejbjar>
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2002 00:49:03 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Loughran" <steve_l@iseran.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 8:35 PM
Subject: Re: <ejbjar>

> but of course execute aint on line 408 of the source...the problem is that
> a.n.other tool had stuck their own version of the EjbJar thing in their to
> get their own nested element in.
>
> ...yet another reason why we need more dynamic inclusion of nested
elements

I'll offer the DynamicConfigurator back into the mix for Ant 1.5, if Peter
wants to change his -1 :)  I'd even stay up extra late a few nights to get
<ejbjar>/<serverdeploy> refactored to use it by April 30!  XDoclet could use
it too - although they've done a darn slick job using BCEL to inject
createXXX methods dynamically.  We could probably take a lesson from them on
this one.

I would say that the biggest negative I can think of for having a
DynamicConfigurator like that is that an Ant DTD/Schema becomes even less
possible.  Although its not that major of an issue, I don't think.  At least
not to me it isn't.

    Erik