ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Ant 1.5 Release Plan
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:07:54 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

> On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Magesh Umasankar <umagesh@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Till April 30: Complete planned activities (based on to-do list)
>
> My biggest task right now is getting this bug 7552 auditing done for
> all core tasks - I'm willing to stop at this as it is a huge effort
> anyway.
>
> As a side effect I have plugged a couple of unrelated and unreported
> bugs while I've proceeded to to core tasks starting with "F" 8-)
>
> Given that, I'm not sure I'll get the items I've added to the TODO
> list done by April 30.  If it means that bug fixes can come in after
> that date, I'll slow down fixing bugs to get the new features in
> before that.

Bug fixes to issues (preferably logged before April 9)
may be fixed after April 30 and before May 31.  Let us
shoot to keep the beta2 build as the release quality
build and apply only minor patches if needed.  So, please
go ahead and get the planned features in and tackle the
bug reports after that.  I would especially like to see
the improved <input> proposal in place rather than releasing
the existing one...  Do you think you can cover the new
features by Apr 30?

> > 1. Proposal to move towards releasing Ant 1.5 (+1)
> > 2. Proposed timeline (+1)
>
> +1 with above caveats.

ok.

> > 3. Magesh as Proposed Release Manager (+0) (+1, if no other
> >    committer volunteers).
>
> I'll be happy to help and be your backup if you need it, +1 for you
> taking the job.

I welcome your offer to help and be my backup.
I do need it.

> Stefan

Cheers,
Magesh

*  When two airplanes almost collide why do   *
*  they call it a near miss?? It sounds like  *
*  a near hit to me!!                         *