ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <>
Subject Re: RPMs (Was: Ant 1.5alpha refresh notice)
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2002 14:13:56 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Conor MacNeill" <>

> We should decide before this release goes out whether we wish to publish
an Ant
> specific RPM or to continue to have RPMs built by Henri Gomez.
> When I got the RPM building to work, my goal was to allow us to build a
> distribution including the RPMs. It meant that the RPM build would be in
> with the other distributions. Previously the RPMs were built quite
> using Jikes, not building the full optional jar, etc.
> The RPMs that are currently built as part of the Ant build consider Ant in
> isolation. They just put Ant somewhere sensible and what you get is pretty
> what you would get if you were to unzip a zip distribution. Henri's RPMs,
> are built as part of the larger java RPM project. There are richer
> (JAXP is a dependency, IIRC), a separate Ant launch script, no parser jars
> included, documentation is somewhere else, etc.
> Thoughts?

I guess it would be neat if all that could somehow become
part of our distribution build process so that a single chap
can make the whole distro - but till then, I guess RPM users
would now have been used to all these sophisticated
features Henri has provided in the past - so, we would need
his help for this release as well?? btw, he isn't subscribed
to ant-dev, is he?  I mean, would I have to let him know off-line
about our release plans?

> Conor

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>