ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional XMLValidateTask.java
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2002 07:33:04 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

> On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Well, most of this tasks had some hardcoded class in
> > case JAXP was not available
>
> If JAXP is not available, Ant won't run 8-)
>
> Are there any other tasks with hardcoded parser names?

I do not know about hardcoded names, but in particular with all the J2EE
tasks (e.g., ejbjar, etc.) there are more and more tasks that need to perform
XML parsing. ANT already found the parser factory. Why not just allow
any task to just ask ANT to provide a parser instance for you to use?

> > additionally using the JAXP api is a real pain in the butt :-)
>
> Could be worse, coverting <xmlvalidate> was rather easy.
>
> > shouldn't we be nice and give them a one method call that everybody
> > can use?
>
> Maybe a class in our util package to remove the copy-paste reuse
> between ProjectHelperImpl and XMLValidateTask.

+1

Jose Alberto