ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Doxygen taskdef?
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 00:15:22 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Hammant" <hammant@apache.org>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2002 12:43 AM
Subject: Re: Doxygen taskdef?

> Curt,
>
> >>Does anyone know of a team that has written a taskdef and may make it
> >>available to Apache?  Or of any reason why such an endeavour would be
> >>futile?
> >>

> >I've used doxygen using <exec> without feeling any real desire for a
doxygen
> >specific task.  I would think that would be sufficient for most users of
> >doxygen, but maybe you use doxygen in a totally different way than I do.
> >Maybe you could elaborate what you'd be able to do with a custom doxygen
> >task that is difficult or unwieldy with <exec>
> >
> Having an element/attribute way of interacting with Doxygen's settings
> would be nice.  Did you use the config file?
>
> Or put it another way, you've worked out a way of launching doxygen.
>  Others will have to do the same rather than referring to Ant's manual

stick it on a web site and we can point to it; we are a bit reluctant to add
more stuff to the core of ant unless it as seen as something of widespread
value.

I know people who swear by doxygen and I do like its understanding of
'legacy' topics (C++, IDL). Now all we need is WSDL/XSD markup support...

-steve