ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/types
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2002 06:18:54 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <>

I am way behind in my e-mail, so my comments may be out of seq.

> If you pass a dirset as a fileset to a task that is not aware of the
> DirSet class (read, all tasks except pathconvert), they will use
> getIncludedFiles().

I did not look at DirSet patch code too closely, but when I filed the Enhancement
Request fulfilled by DirSet I was actually thinking to change <path>
instead of <pathconvert>. Because that is actually the type most used.

I can see one can use <pathconvert> and then use it in <path>, but seems a bit

> An ugly(? - yes, I think it would be ugly) hack to make dirset work
> like ones expectation would be to override getDirectoryScanner in
> DirSet so that it returns a DirectoryScanner that was a wrapper around
> the DirectoryScanner returned by FileSet and reroutes get*Files to
> get*Directories and vice versa.  That way, tasks would call
> getIncludedFiles and get the directories instead.

One would have to be careful not returning duplicates when one asks for both.

Jose Alberto

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message