ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject [Patch] CompilerAdapteFactory.java
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2002 05:02:40 GMT
Ok. here is another revision of the patch for the compiler adapter which

-provides more helpful error messages to end users
-knows that you cant resort to classic on java 1.4

I refactored out the test for the modern compiler into its own method...

I note that we could also do a method for each compiler implementation

 boolean IsCompilerAvailable()

this could return false if the compiler was definately not available, and
true if everything seemed ok (all the forking compilers could just say true,
for example).

then we could go classic.isCompilerAvailable, modern.isCompilerAvailable,

NB, has anyone played with the generics compiler you can D/L from the JCP
site? Done a compiler adapter for it?

-steve