ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject WsdlToDotnet
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 04:51:46 GMT
I have added a new WsdlToDotnet task in the dotnet corner, plus a test which
also tests the CSC task (finally!)

The tests will only run if csc and wsdl are on the path. I am not sure
whether case sensitivity in <available> mean that it will work even if they
are on the path, on one of my boxes the availability test isnt finding wsdl
even though it is there on the command line...more research needed.

For web service hackers out there, there is a <wsdl2java> task in Apache
Axis to go alongside this -currently only a test version which rates as
"crude", but I have some diffs there that I want to get into the source.

Which raises another little wish of mine for ant 1.5

Can we we put BuildFileTest into ant.jar, so that external libraries can use
it to test build files. Or should we keep in private for flexibility, and
encourage people to cut and paste it into their own apps, moving into a new
package if need be.

An alternative might be to write (not now! not now!) a meta task to test a
build file

<buildfiletest
    srcFile=foo.xml
    target=rebuild
    dir=tesdir
    expectExceptionContaining="failed"
/>

that would be cool as then you can write many tasks in pure ant (with
conditions and fail) to validate stuff. But it wont fit in with the junit
execution model.

-steve