ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Glen Marchesani" <glenl...@model3.net>
Subject Re: procedure for submitting a new task for optional.jar
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 03:11:43 GMT
The tasks are mainly used to deploy a java application to
the AS400.  So you have a PC running the OS dujour it FTP's
the jar to the AS400 then you can use the ANT task to use
the static compiler (CRTJVAPGM) on the AS400.  So the <exec>
task couldn't cut it unless we added parms for AS400 system
name, password, current library...  Can this be done?  As I
think about it it is an elegant solution to be able to say

<exec dir="${src}" os="AS400" output="dir.txt"
as400="big_iron">
  <arg line="dsplibl *print"/>
</exec>

The thing is that the <exec> wouldn't be running on the
machine that was running ANT but it would do in essence an
RPC call to the AS400.

regards,
Glen