ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Tulley" <JTUL...@novell.com>
Subject Re: NetWare To-Do's (was Re: Ant 1.5 To-Do list)
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 18:39:23 GMT
Oh, I think it was because of all of the string equals comparisons that
I did later, and I needed it as a string, not a character and wanted to
do the conversion only once.  Feel free to refactor if there is a
clearer way.  You could probably do a String.charAt and do a simple
character == comparison and have it be just the same speed or faster as
the String.equals()  Either way we are probably not talking very slow
methods.  (This is probably just one of those useless optimizations).

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
http://www.novell.com

>>> bodewig@apache.org 3/1/02 1:46:39 AM >>>
On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Jeff Tulley <JTULLEY@novell.com> wrote:

> I feel it is ready for prime-time and backwards compatible.

Yes, looks that way - tests pass on Linux as well.

Just one quick question: why did you define pathSeparatorStr instead
of using File.pathSeparator?

Stefan